Wednesday 21 December 2011

It's C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S !!!!

Happy Christmas, and welcome to my blog!

I can't say what you can expect to find here as I'm not really sure yet myself! I'm just going to play it by ear.

Anyway, to begin with, here is a lovely flan dish I picked up in a charity shop the other week. I haven't made the Christmas Tart, but if anyone reading this does, I'd love to see a photo! And of course, do tell me what it tastes like!

Next are my adorable new owl decorations. Actually, they are more of a mixture of an owl and a parrot! But that's OK as I love owls, parrots, and indeed all our feathered friends.

Where will you be for Christmas? What are you planning to eat, drink and do?

I will be in my beloved Lake District; thinking, dreaming, and gazing out of my window. I'm looking forward to doing some reading, writing and poetry. Some songwriting and composing too I hope.

Fingers crossed I will actually get to have a Christmas dinner this time. Last year, a combination of too much bouillon powder (far too salty), soggy spuds (we suspect they'd frozen and thawed before they were given to us), and a new smoke alarm we hadn't been warned about conspired against us, resulting in the bin enjoying our meal. Luckily we had a pizza and Indian party selection in the fridge!

The nut roast and all my other provisions have been ordered - let's just hope it doesn't snow too much and prevent the Tesco van reaching me. I will go easy on the bouillon this time!

Have a wonderful Christmas wherever you are, and I wish everyone a happy and successful 2012.

See you next time!

 K

1 comment:

  1. I liked your blog very much Digital Marketing By the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website Development

    ReplyDelete